Thursday, March 29, 2012

yavor palace hotel

my partner and i are off to yavor palace on 25.09.09



this is our first holiday in 6 years (due to financial probs) and im starting to dread it already. ive read some really bad reviews on the hotel and cant believe weve chosen somewhere with really bad reviews.



we always used to holiday in Greece but the tour operator advised me Bulgaria is much cheaper and just as nice. Does anyone have anything good to say about Yavor Palace?



we are a 40 year old couple who are looking forward to sun, sea and a relaxing beach holiday (with the odd drink thrown in for fun)




|||



sorry nothing good to say about this place im just home from it this morning.



my family plus another 16 familys all got our safes broke into which are in reception area and all happened with in the last week we were there plus we are all british it was sterling they seemed to be after and my sons i pod went also plus they were all opened by a key so had to be inside job. plus a girls room got broke into all her clothes were took she only had her bikin and beach skirt left this also was done by a key sorry for such a bad review butjust watch yourselves sunny beach its self is lovely but this has put me off going back.




|||



Hi,



I%26#39;m sorry to sound negative %26amp; I don%26#39;t normally have a bad word to say about Sunny Beach but is there anyway you could change hotels or even destination? I don%26#39;t know anything about The Yavour Palace but I am concerned that you are going so late in the season when everything is starting to wind down and the weather may not be at its best!!! I went to Golden Sands a few years ago (Mid September) and we had more rainy days then we did sunny ones.



Although I totaly agree with what the travel agent told you about Bulgaria being much cheaper and just as nice as Greece I do think they should have warned you that the summer season is not as long as it is in Greece.





Kind regards





Meg x x x




|||



thanks for the update guys





god, now im really dreading it. we were hoping to have a relaxing holiday but it doesnt seem like the weather is gonna be too good. Do you think i would be better off keeping my valuables in my room, rather than the hotel safe?



maybe i will just carry them around with me everywhere i go...hell..i think i will drag my suitcase around with me everywhere i go...lol



i dont think i will be able to change hotels at this late stage without having to pay an extortionate rip off fee. after reading the yavor palace reviews last week about some rooms overlooking the exotic bar, i went to the travel agents to ask for a pool view. they wanted me to pay £58.00! when i got home and studied my original booking form i found i already had a pool facing room!!!





im sorry to hear you guys had a bad experience, maybe i will have to get drunk to blot it all out...lol




|||



Hi,we are booked in the Yavor too.Going on 21st with our 4 year old grandson %26amp; dreading it also!!!!I printed out some of the reviews %26amp; took them to our First Choice Travel shop,who were unhelpful to say the least.We were told that we would have to pay £35 each for admin costs plus the price difference for which ever hotel we chose.It worked out at £285 extra.!!!!We have been to Bulgaria twice before %26amp; whilst our hotels were cheap n cheerful,they were fine re.safes etc.Am really at a loss as to what to do as we have a tight budget.I can only suggest kicking up a fuss when we arrive.though it isnt the way we want to go when we are on hols!!!We plan on using our debit card to draw cash as we need it %26amp; only carry small amounts with us.Our passports (I assume)will be kept by the hotel as that was our experience of other visits,%26amp; we will carry our camera with us.I wont take Ipod or good jewellery.Cant think of what else to do %26amp; will cross fingers that we all have a pleasant incident free holiday.Cheers Joan




|||



Hi,





We stayed in the Yavour Palace in June and didn%26#39;t have any problems.





We didn%26#39;t use the hotel safe. Used the local ATM whenever we needed cash, so we didn%26#39;t need to keep a lot of money in the room. Didn%26#39;t take any %26#39;good%26#39; jewelery and camera was always with me. My daughter%26#39;s DS was the only %26#39;valuable%26#39; that we left in the room.





The hotel is basic but the rooms were cleaned everyday. (We made friends with the cleaning lady - learnt a few words of Bulgarian - it really helped)



The hotel food is OK - nothing special but it%26#39;s edible. The entertainment is just a kareoke, but there%26#39;s plenty to do near the hotel.





It%26#39;s not so cheap around the hotel but if you take a wander a bit further from the centre you will find many places with good food and the 1 lev beer. Our personal favourite was the Karma bar which is near the Meridian hotel. (Just ask if you want directions)





You will always get some unscrupulous people wherever you stay, so I hope that the hotel has tightened up it%26#39;s security.





There%26#39;s not a lot you can do about the weather, just cross your fingers! It could be glorious.





Hope you have a good time.





Jan




|||



thanks joan and jan





ive saved up my spending money as cash and knowing how much my bank dislike me right now i doubt they would let me withdraw money from the atm! my friend says i should take travellers cheques cos if they are stolen, its easy enough to replace them?





im hoping that as were booked to go so late in the season, there will be lots of bored staff hanging around to keep their eyes on the safes!!!





weve only paid for the breakfast in the hotel so hopefully weather permitting we will be on the beach all day, hit a couple of bars at night time and be too sloshed at bedtime to realise were staying in %26quot;fawlty towers%26quot;.



ive paid extra to have a late check out room as we have a nighttime return flight.



i guess the holiday is what you make it, as its been a number of years since my last holiday, im gonna try to have a great time...roll on Bulgaria, here we come!




|||



Hi kmg,Think about getting a pre-paid debit card.I use one for my hols,%26amp; its really ok.Mine is a Maestro as that is accepted world wide,though Mastercard is also an option.That would save you carrying all your cash around.I think mine took just over a week to process %26amp; Ive used it for 5 years now.Its another option to consider.Cheers Joan




|||



hi kmg





please dont take all cash with you please consider one of those cards as i really do think was inside job at hotel so bored staff will just help themselves hope you have a good holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment