Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cancelled Holiday

hi all just a quick post to say after some careful consideration and upon reading all the negatives about sunny beach and bulgaria we have cancelled our holiday and are now going to turkey instead. just want to mention the great dest experts and thank them for every1%26#39;s answers to our quuestions,. maybe 1 day we may try bulgaria but wont be in the near future. thanks matt and karen




|||



Sorry to hear about your cancellation.



Could I ask what negative feedback did you hear? Ther



e have been so many people making nothing but positive feedback upon their return that I would have thought it would have put most people at ease.



I have myself just returned and had a great time and had no bother whatsoever.





Hopefully you will give it a go sometime.





Toonman




|||



the amin thing for us was the comment that states if you go near the beach even as a couple you might be mugged etc, also considered the english louts and the ladies of the night etc etc, i jus didnt feel i could take my wife and 4 yo daughter to anything like that




|||



Matt, I feel I have to respond to your negative feelings to wards Sunny Beach, The chances of being Mugged whilst walking along the roads are as likely as you winning the lotto!



I have heard of it happening in most resorts world wide, including Turkey, but if you use common sense, and have your wits about you this wont happen, and as for the ladies of the night LOL, they generally wont even see you if as you say you will be there with your better half and daughter,



SB mightn%26#39;t be everyone first choice for a holiday, but those fears you have are not really relevant to Sunny Beach Alone.





I hope you enjoy Turkey,





Have a good time.




|||



Hi Matt and karen,



I have just returned from sunny beach where i spent a week there on my own (30yr old female). I have been to sunny beach twice before with my sister 36yr and niece 15yr. We have always felt safe and never experienced any trouble whatsoever. Sunny Beach is like any other place in the world where you need to excerise common sense and be careful just like you would do at home. It is a pity you have decided to cancel your holiday as the beaches are beautiful and the weather was 30 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I have also been to Turkey and it is lovely too.





Enjoy your holiday but I would seriously ask you to re-consider Sunny Beach for a holiday some time.




|||



Thats a shame.....



You really shouldn%26#39;t believe everything you read.





We returned from Sunny Beach almost 3 weeks ago now,we had such a fantastic time.



We saw no trouble whatsoever,i feel more intimidated walking through my local high street than i did in Sunny Beach.



Turkey is ok,but Sunny Beach wins hands down.



Cant wait to take my 2 kids back next year.



ange






|||



I agree with the previous posters. I have visited Bulgaria loads of times, staying in both Golden Sands and Sunny Beach and have never at any time felt unsafe.





Also I am a regular visitor to Turkey which I also love but am sure mattandkaren might try Bulgaria one day.





You will read occasional stories of violence in any holiday resort that you visit. Many people will have read of the recent attack on an elderly couple in Sunny Beach which absolutely turned my stomach. It was horrendous and my sympathy goes out to these people but I dont think Bulgaria is any worse than other places. Crime happens all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment