Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sunny Beach is a dump!

Absolutely hated the place! The locals are ignorant, nasty and miserable as sin.



The beach was full of sea weed and dirty, they rip you off left right and centre if you let them.





If you are an 18 year old chav, like drinking and have never been abroad before you would probably like it.





But if you have taste this is not the place for you.




|||



sorry you did not have a good time, i have been many times and always had a good time, the local people that i have met have always been nice and helpfull. Yes there are folks who have been to sunny beach and did not like it, but there are many who have and had a fantastic time. Perhaps you stayed in the wrong part of sunny beach.




|||



To be honest we went all over sunny beach and didnt like any of it. Although Nessabar was lovely! I will give it that much.





I just wanted to warn people who arent prepared really. we set off looking for a nice relaxing holiday and I felt more stressed with all the club 18-30%26#39;s and touts than i did at home working.




|||



If you feel this way I assume most of your time in Sunny Beach was spent near the beach road and Flower Street area.



The Bulgarians are one of the friendliest people one could ever meet. They certainly aren%26#39;t ignorant or nasty. What contact did you actually have with the locals?



I have visited the country about 25+ times and travelled throughout most of the country (flew into Sofia in June,for 3 week stay, and spent 3 days travelling to the coast), and have found the Bulgarians(of which I have many loyal friends) to be fantastic. That is why, I am looking forward to returning to this great country on 31st August for a further 12days.




|||



Like I say we travelled all over sunny beach, Via the overcrowded over sweaty buses.





I am glad you met some friendly locals, though how you managed it I do not know.





I will be sticking to Egypt, Greece or the Carribean in future where truly friendly locals can be found.




|||



If you were looking for a relaxing holiday then Sunny Beach was not the best choice in Bulgaria.





I quite like it slightly out of season as there is definately a buzz about the place - too much for me in the height of the summer.





Hope it hasn%26#39;t put you off Bulgaria totally there are lots of other really good places that I am sure you would like.





Balchik area is worth a visit if you want to be on the coast. Or try Veliko Turnovo, Sliven or one of the spa resorts like Sandanski or Velingrad.





I could go on and on! I have been visiting Bulgaria for the last 5 years and find something different to enjoy every time I go!




|||



I did think the same myself.. probably sunny beach was just totally the wrong choice.





Nessebar was lovely though and it was just a shame there wasnt more of it!





If there are places in Bulgria like that and without the raving then we would consider visiting there




|||



Em Fletcher, I have made so many good friends by greeting them with a smile and showing them the same respect as I would to anyone, anywhere. Learning some of the language helps too. Thats how I have managed to make so many good friends, as many others have also done.



I assume you%26#39;ve just returned from Sunny Beach, July and August are the busy months with the younger crowd. Maybe some more research on your part would have helped.




|||



Have a look at Plovdiv on the internet. Not coastal but very historic - well worth a visit.




|||



My first visit to Bulgaria coming up on Monday and I have to agree with WelshLadyNorthWales- it is vital to research a place before you travel. Me and hubby are going to Sveti Vlas as we know from research and especially this forum site that Sunny Beach might be %26#39;a bit too much%26#39;, we don%26#39;t relish spending time with youngsters getting smashed so we know to find out where as em fletcher puts it %26#39;18 year old chavs%26#39; head for and we go elsewhere, not really rocket science.Likewise, we have avoided Faliraki in Rhodes, Laganas in Zante etc, etc ..never ruling out a country because of one resort- every country has one. We have travelled to lots of countries and have never felt able to generalise that an entire nation were rude or unfriendly, as in any society, there are good and bad - look at the Brits!


I hope I have a different experience in Vlas and hope I can post a report in a couple of weeks saying We had a lovely, relaxed holiday and met some new friends, I am trying to remember the words for please and thankyou but getting them muddled up with Ukrainian as we visited there and the language is similar!!




|||



Just returned Tuesday after a week in Sunny Beach. We are a couple aged 37 and 42 and we absolutely loved the place. We are not into going clubbing or going out and getting bladdered, but we had a thoroughly fantastic time. We stayed in the Azure Sky Apartments which were about 10 mins walk from the promenade so we were in a quieter area of Sunny Beach but we still managed to have a brilliant time.





All the people we met during our stay in Bulgaria were friendly and helpful. Different people have different tastes and experiences but we would definitely recommend Sunny Beach to anyone looking for a lovely holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment