Thursday, April 12, 2012

Just back and didn't want to come home.

Hello all





Back since last Tuesday and honestly have to say it was the best holiday I have been on.





My parents have an apartment in SB, about 20 min walk from the main strip and as I said to them you are close enough for all the action but far enough away to relax.





This was my second time to SB, 1st time been 3 years ago and oh sweet jesus how things have changed for the better (can I just add it wasn%26#39;t because we didn%26#39;t like SB 3 year ago but we got married etc etc within that time and didn%26#39;t holiday apart from honeymoon.)





Here are a few reccommendations/ or not in our opinion:





Restaurents:





Memorys - steak is fantastic, Lasagne was like leather - I won%26#39;t return here as I am not a steak eater and we waited 2 long for Lasagne which if I had ever eaten a hangbag - I feel this is what it would have tasted like - although we were in a group of 9 and 7 out of 9 got steak and returned for another visit.





Cormer Pub - English Food - lovely homemade spud chips, Lasagne was lovely, hubbie got mixed grill and loved it although couldn%26#39;t finish it they still gave him the t-shirt.





Jacksies - Irish Bar - lovely basic food, omelettes, homemade steak burgers etc





Chinese - beside the Funny pub - upstairs - can%26#39;t remember the name of it - fab fab food - we ate here 3 times





Pubs:





Spiders - be very very careful here, when they have happy hour and your supposed to get say 2 vodkas and sprite, one deffo had vodka the other didn%26#39;t - we never noticed this at night but the one day my friend and I did all our shopping we stopped in for a drink and we were both caught like this - although I did point it out to them and drinks were replaced. We also spotted a %26quot;local%26quot; taking a scottish girls bank card - we told her but she was absolutly hammered so don%26#39;t know if she even remembered - this can happen anywhere so I don%26#39;t want to tar this only to Spiders.





Malinas - as another poster said .79 stinkys for a pint - where could you get it, hubbie and his friend loved it here for the footie - they spent less than €5.00 between them in like 4 hours!!!





Corner Bar - karaoke and DJ, but be wary of the mozzies I managed to get 22 bites on my legs and one on my arm in one night here - nearly freaked with the itch.





Sharkeys - for a late and quiet drinky - nice and cheap and good irish music for when we were feeling a bit homesick - as if!!!





Groceries:





Maldost - behind the multiplace about 150 yards and turn right - its like a big red shed - big supermarket which offers Bulgarian prices not tourist prices - 6 carrots 27 stinkys, 3 peppers 30 stinkys, double bottles of wine for under 4 leva





Overall we had a fab 2 weeks, relaxed when we wanted to and went mad when we wanted to.





Like everyone else says don%26#39;t leave your brain at home and you%26#39;ll be fine.





For those of you, you haven%26#39;t gone yet - I%26#39;m jealous!!! I so so wanted to stay .





Enjoy!!




|||



i to have just came back . my 1st time %26amp; i loved it. best use avon skin so soft replenishing dry oil body spray cost £5. is smells nice but it does keep the mozzie,s away all 4 of us never got bitten at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment