Monday, April 23, 2012

Hospitals/health care in Bulgaria

My husband has just come out of hospita and we are due to fly to SB for hols on Monday, I am worried about the state of health care in SB, my husband was seriously ill and his life was on the line, he had GI bleed and although the Dr%26#39;s have now said he has just the same amount of risk as me of it happening again I am worried especially regarding the hospital car in SB, Bulgaria etc.





Anyone have any experience or views, currently debating weather to cancel the holiday or not





thank you for any replies






|||



Sorry to hear about your husband AMT41. The doctors in Bulgaria are very good. There are doctors at all the larger hotels and a Policlinic in the centre of Sunny Beach.



A new hospital has just opened between Sunny Beach and Nessebur.



I would suggest you speak to your travel insurers and ensure that your husband is covered for any exsisting medical conditions.




|||



Have to agree with Welshlady, the NHS eqivolent is very basic and not recommended which is why travel insurance a must. The private/insurance care is very good and a lot of hotels have their own doctor in residence on site.



As long as you have insurance you should be fine.





Toonman




|||



Also very sorry to hear about your husband, im just home from sunny beach and i hurt my back while i was there i had to get an xray and an MRI type thing like computer termograph done my doctor was amazing she is set up in the neptun beach hotel once i rang her she was there in 5 minutes excellent english i had the xray and the computer thing done in less than 2 hours no waiting around really really fast, she even would drive to my hotel with my results and antibiotics just to make it easier for me, she was brilliant to us while i was there i was collected every moring and evening to get a drip done in her room and she made me feel very very safe and excellent when it came to faxing letters and stuff to my insurance crowd, if you would like her number i had it at home just mail me and ill send it to you it might be handy to have while you there x




|||



We got excellent value special condition medical insurance from www.jmi.co.uk.



give them a try




|||



Sorry to hear about your Husband. We were there in June and the couple in the next room to us had to use the Hotel Doctor as the chap had been playing football on the beach and popped his achilles. Apparently, he was attended to straight away, assessed and advised that he required an operation. He did have to go to Bourgas Hospital for his operation. This happened on Friday and he was in hospital that evening to have op Sat or Sun and hopefully out on the Monday. His wife said that the care he received by the Hotel Doctor was first class. However, I think this was also helped by the fact that they had private insurance. Unfortunately, I don%26#39;t know how they got on as we left that night.





Have a good holiday.




|||



Thanks Lorraine, I would appreciate the Dr%26#39;s name its always worth having.





Where do I find your email addy, apologies I%26#39;m not much of an expert on forums.





Many thanks





AMt




|||



If you look at Lorraines picture just underneath it says find more out about.... just click on it. This opens up a page showing Lorraines contributions and at the top it says send a message. click on that and a text box opens for you to send a private message and any replies will come to your own page.





Toonman




|||



Thanks Toonman, I think I%26#39;ve done it right.





As you are an expert on SB do you know if the new hospital that has just been built if this is a fully equipt hospital or just an accident centre etc for injuries and minor illnesses?





Sorry to be a pain, we have finally decided to go but I am still worried as if my husband does suffer the same bleed again he will need an endoscopy procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment