Thursday, April 19, 2012

Worried about staying at Polyusi

After reading the latest poor report about the Polyusi, I%26#39;m even more concerned.





Anyone else stayed/staying there soon?





We%26#39;re going with my 7year old and I%26#39;m getting worried :(




|||



Here are some reports from this year.





holidaywatchdog.com/38135-Sunny_Beach-Polyus…





Toonman




|||



Hi Misty,



My husband and i stayed at the Polyusi for 2 weeks from 26th june this year. Cannot understand the bad reports. We had a great time and would happily stay there again. Ok so the breakfast wasnt very good but we could usually find something edible and if we really didnt fancy it we went out to eat...its cheap enough. It didnt bother me as the holiday was so cheap. In fact i think the Polyusi was the cheapest i could find. For that reason i didnt expect a lot but was pleasantly surprised.



The only thing that annoyed me was the safety deposit boxes are at reception and cost approx £40 for 2 weeks.



We took a chance and secured our valuables in our suitcase with a coded padlock and it was fine.



The hotel is immaculate . They are always cleaning.



We liked our room . It was comfortable and spacious.



We did get disturbed a couple of times by noise in the corridors during the night but soon went back to sleep.



Guess that happens in lots of hotels though.



When do you go? Hope you like it.



Cindylou8.




|||



Hi Cindy lou,





I booked this package holiday, like you, because it was cheap. I only intended to use it for the flights as I have bought an apartment in Sunny Beach. Unfortunately it%26#39;s not ready so I will be using the accomodation at the Polyusi.





I%26#39;m pretty easy-going, as long as it%26#39;s clean I wont mind too much. We%26#39;re self-catering so poor food isn%26#39;t an issue.





I was concerned about the mugging that was reported on 1 of the reviews. Did you feel safe in and around the hotel? I walked past it once and I didn%26#39;t think there was a problem. But it was in daylight and in low season.





We%26#39;re going out there on the 7th August for a week. Hope it%26#39;s OK :)





Jan




|||



Misty mew, I wouldnt worry too much regarding the reports of muggings. These usually refer to people who are drunk in the early hours of the morning. Just use common sense.




|||



stayed in polyusi last year and it was one of the best holidays ever , so good in fact sister in law and family , friends and mom+dad in law are there at the moment , great location , close to every thing but quiet at night , dont worry you will have a great time staying there !!




|||



Just got home today after staying in Polyusi for a week and i would say the hotel as a whole was very nice. Spacious rooms and friendly pool staff being the best points.





Our main concern was that both us and a family we met out there had money stolen from our rooms. We were very suspicious of the cleaners so would highly recommend using the deposit boxes.





If you have any questions I%26#39;d be happy to help.




|||



Glad you enjoyed your holiday.





Did you stay in the self-catering part? If so, what are the cooking facilities like? I%26#39;ve heard there%26#39;s isn%26#39;t a hob or a toaster.





We%26#39;re going on the 7th and I%26#39;m getting excited now, thanks to everyone who has replied.




|||



Yes we stayed in self catering and had nothing but a fridge.





Apart from the breakfast i didn%26#39;t think the food in the hotel was too bad, theres quite a wide variety.



We ate mostly at Condor though as the food is very nice and also just along the main road from the back of the hotel.




|||



Hi Misty Mew,



yes we always felt safe in and around the hotel. We had no problems and were very happy and relaxed during our stay. My 18 year old daughter stayed there last year and they were fine too.



Hope you have a good time.



Cindylou.




|||



After all my fussing about staying at the Polyusi and you guys%26#39; reassurances, I had a letter from Thompson this morning that we%26#39;ve been moved to another hotel as they had over-booked! AARRGGGGH!





We in the Meridian now, I think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment