Thursday, April 19, 2012

special needs

am stayin at the magestic 14th aug , are the lifts big or small. i have a maclaren mayor buggy ( 3 wheeler terrain )4 my disabled 5yr old. also any problems goin into bars . meals out with big buggys




|||



Some recent returnee%26#39;s will advise on the Majestic.



As for bars, most have outside bar areas allowing access without too much trouble. In the warm months you%26#39;ll be glad to be outside.





Toonman




|||



WE felt that SB was very badly set uo for buggys %26amp; wheelchairs. The pavements are poorly maintained %26amp; have loose slabs %26amp; uneven surfaces everywhere %26amp; also just finish often at a high kerb with no gentle slope to get up %26amp; down without lifting. Back in the UK I used to push my mum around in a wheelchair %26amp; I think I would have found SB really hard going. My brochure does suggest that it is not suitable for anyone with a disability- that is not to say we didn%26#39;t see more than a few people in wheelchairs etc but just be aware %26amp; bring your muscles with you!! I also recall that most places that had steps into the establishment did not have wheelchair access %26amp; infact we commented that they have a long way to go to comply to disablity acts in the UK.





Sorry this is as we remember it from our trip this July.

No comments:

Post a Comment